Brisbane International: Guide
Date: 30 December 2012 – 06 January 2013
Location: Queensland Tennis Centre, Brisbane, Australia
Address: 190 King Arthur Tce, Tennyson Brisbane 4105, Australia
Price money WTA: $1,000,000
Previous Winners: 2012 Kaia Kanepi (Singles), Nuria Llagostera Vives / Arantxa Parra Santonja (Doubles).
Winner: 470 pts, Finalist: 320 pts, Semi-Finalists: 200 pts, Quarter Finalists: 120 pts, 2nd Round: 60 pts, 1st Round: 1 pt.
1/AZARENKA, Victoria (BLR, 1), 2/SHARAPOVA, Maria (RUS, 2), 3/WILLIAMS, Serena (USA, 3), 4/KERBER, Angelique (GER, 5), 5/ERRANI, Sara (ITA, 6), 6/KVITOVA, Petra (CZE, 8), 7/STOSUR Samantha (AUS, 9), 8/WOZNIACKI Caroline (DEN, 10).
Qualification matches: 28–29 December 2012
Semi-Finals: Friday, 4 January 2013.
Finals: Saturday, 5 January 2013.
Tickets: on Brisbane International website.
Daily: order of play.
Sam Stosur will play 1st Round against Sofia Arvidsson (SWE #41).
- Ankle surgery hampers Sam Stosur’s start to her Australian Open campaign [News.com.au, 29 December]
- [+VIDEO] Stosur battling ankle injury [Yahoo!7 News, 29 December]
- Sam Stosur’s Australian Open campaign hit by surgery to fix bone spur [The Australian, 29 December]
- Stosur reveals ankle pain [Sports News, 29 December]
- Samantha Stosur has been placed in the horror half of the Brisbane International draw [News.com.au, 29 December]
- Strong home showing will propel Samantha Stosur up world rankings [News.com.au, 28 December]
[Brisbane International, 29 December]
- Sam Stosur, always the centre of attention in her home town
- A big cheer for Sam Stosur and Matt Ebden as official #BI2013 begins
Support – Trust – Respect
To send a message to Sam, go visit her Facebook page.
Photos of Sam
If you want your own photos of Sam to be published on SamStosurFans.com, you are more than welcome. They will be included in the “Photos” section of the website.
Please, contact me then via the Contact form or Twitter.